Friday, August 20, 2010

“I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.” -Andy Rooney


A combination of summer, me being stir crazy, and a father without a job for the first time in almost 40 years united for some great mountain hiking opportunities. My father and I went on several hikes around Salt Lake and enjoyed the beautiful nature our part of the world has to offer.
We took my nephew, Carter, with us a couple of times…he did great, and always has some hilarious comments to add to the trip. Some of my favorites were: “Grandpa, I’m doing good at not complaining huh?!” which was followed only minutes later by “Man, why do there have to be so many rocks?” and “I wish I was sitting down and eating pizza”. We can always count on him for quotes worthy of recording.
We also went on one with my mom, Carter, and his sister (my one and only niece) Aniston.
Sawyer did fabulous.
He already has a love for the outdoors and seemed to thoroughly enjoy each of our outings. Good thing!

0 comments: